A dedication

Posted by Zave | Posted in , , , | Posted on 21:42

Sadly,
Less than two weeks did I have with her,
Not that I ever wanted the entire lifetime,
Yet a part of me was a bit guilty inside,
As if I had committed a grievous crime.

Well,
A journey was where it had someday begun,
So, back there we were at the end of days,
And while it started with a single destination,
We had now set course for our separate ways.

And even as,
It could not have rained love or sparked many fires,
As I sit thinking, my thoughts appear to be bizarre,
'Cause I seem to treasure a few choicest moments,
And especially those from which I used to run too far.

And though,
We might be applauded for a few sweet act of ours,
Yet I honestly believed our good bye would be sad,
But the sweet ice-cream and the gentle parting kisses,
Could easily rank among the top moments we ever had.

Now,
Some say I wanted this, others believe its for my good,
But I assume my fate to be playing a few games again,
And though I'm not very optimistic of the future ahead,
I can happily announce I'm devoid of the stinking pain.

And finally,
I can only murmur to myself in the dark,
"I saw it come to me and then watched it depart",
And its funny, 'cause the world still asks,
"You little monster, do you even have a heart ?"

P.S. - As the title suggests its dedicated to someone. But lets not get too far with the details here.

Comments (7)

i loved this one dunno why...but specially the lines saying "you little monster, do you even have a heart?"

The fact that you've written this shows that you not only have a heart, but one of gold. :)
My advice. Cherish nothing of those two weeks except the fact that it helped you bounce back to normalcy.
Loved the poem. ;)

Smita,
I'm trying to find a reason behind your surprising love for the lines.
And seriously I can't find one.
:P

D2,
Well, you never tire from making me feel good, but whatever it was, it was it.
Don't know what I should think of it, I'm still a hell lot confused.
:(

And finally,
I can only murmur to myself in the dark,
"I saw it come to me and then watched it depart",
And its funny, 'cause the world still asks,
"You little monster, do you even have a heart ?"

AWWWWW!
loveeddd those lines, the whole thing was so amazzzing.
OMG. you get better every single day! :)

Thanks Sonshu.
I can't believe the last verse is the one catch point.
:P

Zave, you've crafted something really deep :) it says so much..

Thank you for those kind words.
:)

Post a Comment

I've written what I could,
Its time you write what you want,

Related Posts with Thumbnails