Falling apart

Posted by Zave | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 03:28


The flame has not yet died,
It stings me a little deep inside,
And even as you are unaware,
You fuel with every small word,
No matter what they may be.

And the heat eats me away,
Bit by bit, edge by edge,
I fall apart from myself,
Knowing I can't be together,
None to bind me to myself.

Frantically searching for you,
Once I realize the truth in haste,
And stick to keeping the peace,
But somehow I give in again,
Only to live the vicious cycle anew.

I see nightmares in my happiness,
Every lonely day a hopeless struggle,
Braving the unanswered questions,
Crossing the flames of my memories,
Foolishly dreaming of time to turn away.

And you have no doubt of my state,
I'm happy, must be smiling?
Yes, I am, but falling each day,
When once you took me to heights,
You now bring me down with ease.

Waiting still for the last piece,
To fall away and bring peace,
An end even you would cherish,
A blessing I pray for everyday,
Saving me from the curse I live today!

P.S. - Its been a long time since I wrote. And I must say, its good to be back.

Comments (13)

Hey,
yeah,it has been quite a while since you poured your thoughts here.
But it seems you haven't lost the touch. :-)
Lovely poem,liked the emotions hidddn in every para.
"a blessing i pray for everyday.
Saving me from the curse i live today"
loved these lines.

Hey,
yeah,it has been quite a while since you poured your thoughts here.
But it seems you haven't lost the touch. :-)
Lovely poem,liked the emotions hidddn in every para.
"a blessing i pray for everyday.
Saving me from the curse i live today"
loved these lines.

Hey,
yeah,it has been quite a while since you poured your thoughts here.
But it seems you haven't lost the touch. :-)
Lovely poem,liked the emotions hidddn in every para.
"a blessing i pray for everyday.
Saving me from the curse i live today"
loved these lines.

I'm glad that you feel so.
Thanks.
:)

touchy post and pic.http://pratibhameanstalent.blogspot.com/

Pratibha,
Thank you for visiting my blog.

Aaww! Welcome back!
:) hehehe.

I loved the line "I see nightmares in my happiness" That was so strong!

the whole thing was beautifully written like always. YOUR BACK! :)

and it is good to have you back :-). and this poem is touching.

nightmares in happiness - I know how that is. sigh.

Awesome poem, buddy. I see your emotions laid out so clear and it makes me happy.
Nice picture too.

D2,
Happy?
I was expecting so much different response.
But good to see this one too.
:D

Nice one ... Made a wonderful read

"Waiting still for the last piece,
To fall away and bring peace"

... i wonder, does the last piece really brings peace or bring with it the longing for one more last piece?

Nik,
Or put it this way, we never know when its the last piece falling off.
Probably when we drop dead?
And I'm still unsure of that!

Sonshu,
Thank you, thank you.

Raajii,
Yes, unadulterated happiness is hard to find actually.
:(

Post a Comment

I've written what I could,
Its time you write what you want,

Related Posts with Thumbnails