Let go...I gave up...

Posted by Zave | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 05:34


'Let go' was my mantra,
When did you make it yours?
Or had you given up all the rights,
Those you still actually have on me,
'Cause I don't even remember,
When I took it all away?

Will it matter now,
In the tiniest of ways,
If I say I remember,
I still think of all of them.
The promises we made,
The letters we wrote,
The way we talked,
The rooms we decorated,
The lamps we bought.

Will it make a difference,
If I say, I still want it,
I still want to go back,
To being the way we were,
To having the love we had,
To debating we way we did,
To understanding the way we could,
To making our lives together.

But I'm scared to go back,
And that is all!
I'm terribly afraid,
That even when I go back,
I'll be here once more,
Standing where I stand now,
Hurting and bleeding all over again.

And while I just gave up on all this,
Too easily and with little fight,
You couldn't even call me back,
Out of guilt and rage,
You just turned your back,
And I walked away from you,
Head hung in disappointment.
And while I didn't give you,
The time you needed,
You didn't give me just one thing,
A small promise to continue!

But you were broken, I remember,
Broken to hear, "out of love",
And what should I have been?
Crushed to bits and pieces?
How well the saying goes,
"We can rise from our ashes",
But, "the broken cannot be mend",
And so be it, let it be the end!

Comments (4)

Nice poem, mate.
But if I've learned anything in this life, it is that we should never give up completely.
Keep some hope in you, even if you don't know what you're hoping for.

:)
I loved the way you put it,
"Keep some hope in you, even if you don't know what you're hoping for"!
I think that is definitely some serious advise every one should follow.

So nice your starting lines

"'Let go' was my mantra,
When did you make it yours?
Or had you given up all the rights,
Those you still actually have on me,
'Cause I don't even remember,
When I took it all away?"

very good post..n ya i like this line too said by D2 'Keep some hope in you, even if you don't know what you're hoping for.'

Thanks D2

Zave plz pass my thanks to D2

Nisha,
Thanks.
I'll definitely pass on your compliments to D2.

Post a Comment

I've written what I could,
Its time you write what you want,

Related Posts with Thumbnails