Thoughts at the moment - 2

Posted by Zave | Posted in , , , | Posted on 22:12


An idle mind wandering,
Into the empty cavern of reasons.
And a silly heart searching,
For some non-existent happy beats.

A pair of burning eyes,
Wanting to rest and close down.
And a flurry of optimistic thoughts,
Believe they can then live a dream.

My not so heavy body,
Saying, "work up, I need to be fit".
And a weak pair of legs,
Naturally longing for a little peace.

An overly lazy boy,
More interested in just remaining still.
And a hopelessly poetic soul,
In a misconception that it can write.

P.S. - I think I'll sleep now.

Comments (16)

Sleep baby sleep...for sleep is the haven of dreams where the poetic soul may find its wings :)
Well-written.

Well written, mate.
I don't understand your misconception, though!

Shas,
Yes, that is what I try.
And given I've little work to do even sleep evades me!
:P

D2,
Thanks.
The misconception is true.
These verses came to my mind accidentally in the otherwise barren poetic world of mine.

Ah,
NICE! :)
sleep!! :P LOL.
well written!

Sonshu,
Thanks.

By the way, why is everyone trying to put me to sleep?
I'm better off not sleeping!
:|

Your blog is cool. To gain more visitors to your blog submit your posts at indli.com

Indi,
Thanks. I will.

..this was awesom man..!!!..

"An overly lazy boy,
More interested in just remaining still.
And a hopelessly poetic soul,
In a misconception that it can write."

I found these lines very cute, but obviously I didn't agree with them! ;)

@Vidisha-
Thank you.
I'm glad you like it.

@Richa-
Cute? I dunno!
Truth of it? Yes it is, to a great extent!

dreams r very imp...hnc sleep is very imp...

Dhupa-
Got it.
;)
I'll try and follow your advise.

well, buddy truly awesum..........i love d way u well used contradictory thoughts in such an awesum manner.......

cheers :)

Yes, there is always a conflict in my mind.
Glad I'm able to put it the right way.

Post a Comment

I've written what I could,
Its time you write what you want,

Related Posts with Thumbnails